The Operations Engineer performs a vital role in the management, planning, and successful operation of the company’s oil and gas assets. The individual will need to have a strong operations background including completion, stimulation, down-hole, workover, and compression operations experience. The candidate will possess a strong mechanical aptitude and be able to demonstrate the ability to make good technical and economic operational decisions. The successful candidate will work to achieve the objectives and goals of the organization, develop plans to implement actions to obtain these goals, and manage the implementation of organizational initiatives.
- Responsible for all production operations within assigned area(s)
- Implement production techniques to enhance production rates and reduce operating costs.
- Monitors daily activity reports, production rates, lease operating expenses, and ongoing projects to ensure effective and economic operation of oil and gas wells.
- Responsible for managing and controlling of lifting costs.
- Coordinates engineering aspects of production, worikovers, compression, gathering, etc.
- Works with production department with the purchase and vendor selection of materials for daily operations, gathering, compression, etc.
- Responsible for approval of vendor invoices for production related purchases, equipment and services.
- Ensures all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues are met.
- Work with Production Superintendents / Foremen providing direction and feedback regarding daily activities and execution of project lists.
- Provide oversight to management of subcontractors providing service on-site. • Responsible for development and maintenance of a team environment focused on learning and continuous improvement.
- Monitors activities from the office and schedules frequent field visits to assigned areas. Balance of duties would be 70% office and 30% field.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Five to ten years experience in Oil and Gas Operations.
- Individuals with horizontal and shale production experience will be highly regarded.
- Good working knowledge of all surface and down-hole production equipment including rod pump plunger lifts systems, compression, gathering systems, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to solve operational problems and generate production enhancement ideas.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills to interact effectively with members of small and large teams.
- Organized and administratively proficient with ability to manage time, priorities, objectives.
- Ability to travel up to 30 % of time.
- Proficient with ARIES, Wellview/Advocet, Microsoft Office Products, Internet, and e-mail.
- Ability to develop overall operational goals and objectives and implement a plan to accomplish these goals. Strong follow-through skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to confront issues proactively and constructively.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to accomplish Company operational goals and objectives
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.